Removing The Time/Date Stamp – Veho Muvi HD Cameras
Some of you may have seen on one of my previous blogs a comment was posted linking to YouTube where someone explained how to get rid of the time/date stamp on a VCC-005-MUVI-HD10+ and VCC-005-MUVI-HD7 camera.
I’d had a good look around the camera options, and even read the manual, but somehow missed this! I guess I just figured it was the same old story as the smaller Muvi cameras and it was just tough titty as far as removing the stamp went. Well apologies to Veho, and I’m very happy to say I was wrong, and they HAVE addressed this issue which almost every user found to be a major bad point.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Switch the camera on.
2. Using the touch buttons on the back of the camera on the display screen, tap the ‘M’ sign to bring up the main menu.
3. Press the ‘>’ button twice to take you to the ‘Setup’ screen.
4. Press the ‘-‘ sign to scroll down the menu right to the bottom (7 times on the HD10+), or the ‘+’ sign once, and the ‘Date/Time’ option should be highlighted.
5. Click the round middle button to go into this option and press ‘-‘ again to get to the bottom where there is a box.
6. This box says whether or not you want the stamp displayed. If there is an ‘x’ in this box, press the round middle button once to tell the camera not to use the time/date stamp.
7. If the box has a tick in it, that means it ISN’T displaying the time/date stamp, so leave it alone! Unless you want to turn it back on again, of course.
8. To check this, touch the ‘M’ sign twice to go back out of the menus and back to the camera display, and you should see that the infamous time/date stamp is now gone!
Thanks to Oox for your comment (I’d link to you if you had a link!) drawing my attention to this, and I hope others see this and word gets around.